District Service Center
2780 West Fourth Street,
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (570) 327-5500, ext. 33473
All new student registrations K-12 are conducted at the District Service Center located at the address above. Appointments are encouraged and can be scheduled by emailing the District Registrar, Shelly McKernan at email@example.com
, or by calling 570-327-5500 Ext. 33473. If you need to withdraw your student from the Williamsport Area School District please contact his/her school directly.
Only the natural parent, or court appointed guardian may register a student, and must come into the office in person to complete the registration process. All parents or guardians will be required to complete an Affidavit of Residency.
Items required to register your child:
- Official Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency
- Photo Identification (Drivers License)
- Report Card/Transfer Card
- Name and address of previous school
- If appropriate: most recent Specal Education Records (IEP), Agency Letter of Placement, or Court Order
When Can I Register My Student?
Children registering for Kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year must turn five (5) years old before the start of school on or before September 1st 2016. (Board Policy 201)
Parents or court appointed guardians living in the Williamsport Area School District may enroll a student. The parent/guardian must come into the District Office in person to complete the enrollment process. (Note: Exceptions apply to homeless youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, migrant and foster students.) A student living with someone other than a parent will be registered in accordance with guidelines set by PA Public School Code section 24 P.S. 13-1302.
Residents, other than the parent or court-appointed guardian, will be asked to sign an affidavit stating that they and the student live in this District on a full-time basis.
- Diptheria and Tetanus (DTP, DtaP, Td, DT)—4 doses with the 4th dose administered after the 4th birthday
- Polio—3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)—2 doses
- Hepatitis B—3 doses
- Varicella—2 doses—Vaccine to prevent chicken pox if child has not already had the disease.
Children Entering 7-12th Grades Immunization Requirements: